Skin irritation due to moist/sweat
How to deal with skin irritation due to moist/sweat ( Intertrigo )
Take steps to eliminate friction, heat, and maceration by keeping folds cool and dry:
1. Avoid skin to skin contact :
- Apply a soft silicone dressing with ReSkin technology between the folds.
2. Try not to sweat:
- Wear absorbing clothes and socks. Open-toed shoes or sandals may help reduce toe web-space moisture ; be sure to avoid tight, occlusive, or chafing clothing or dressings.
- Try to create a friendly environment with lower temperature and expose skin folds to the air as much as possible.
3. Keep the skin folds dry :
- Apply a protective silicone barrier spray or cream. Take care that the skin is 100% dry en apply now a soft silicone dressing with ReSkin technology. Don’t use talcum powder, pastes,…